The Champlain Regional Repeater Association is not a “club” as such and limits activities to the following.
- Operating and maintaining amateur radio repeater VE3STP on Kennelly Mountain, at the East end of the Mt. St. Patrick range
- Maintaining an executive committee and holding annual meetings of the membership
- Running the Mini-Net, a check in net, at 7:00 PM local time every evening. About 30 minutes.
- Hosting an Annual General Meeting for members in the spring. Newcomers may sign up at this time.
- Sponsoring a summer picnic – corn roast.
- Acknowledging a breakfast eyeball QSO at 9:00 AM each Wednesday, presently in Renfrew (Finnigan’s Roadhouse, 302 Raglan Street South, Renfrew, ON). Occasionally other sites are selected. Listen to the mini-net Tuesday night for this week’s location.
- Supporting neighbouring ham radio groups and ARES activities
- Maintaining a pool of amateur radio operators for civil emergencies where conventional communications may be inadequate or unavailable.
The Champlain Regional Repeater Association is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under the laws of the Province of Ontario.